WordPress.com – WordPress Free Blogs
WordPress is an open-source blogging platform utilizing PHP, MySQL, and CSS that has high levels of flexibility and customization for the user. First released in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg, WordPress has since established itself as the leading blogging software in the world. Well known for its coloful themes and intelligent content management systems, WordPress has proven to be one of the most liked CSS tools out there with its easy editing and fast uploads. Not only has it proven successful in the blogging world, Google has shown a ton of support and appreciation for WordPress websites. Leading it to become the most successful SEO platform for blogging and competitive rankings.
WordPress is used by over 15% of Alexa’s “Top 1 million websites” and is chosen as the software for 22% of new websites coming onto the world wide web.
But what does this have to do with web 2.0 building and SEO for your business?
WordPress.com – the free blogging network.
Why use WordPress.com?
- Build your brand awareness and marketing reach throughout one of the largest free blogging networks in the world
- Establish authority and trust within your niche and market
- Get some backlink juice for your main domain as well
- Engage with potential customers through relevant discussions and conversations
Being that WordPress.com is a free blogging network of millions and millions of blogs, its gonna take some time to get traffic and rankings for the actual WordPress sub domain that your free blog is hosted on. This being the case, you should setup a free account quickly and start writing some posts when you have time. You don’t need to spend massive efforts writing thousands of posts, but one or two a week can really help speed up the process and you’ll see more and more comments come in quickly.
General Rules for WordPress:
- Unique content and media only, don’t spam duplicate or junk content
- Update regularly, the more the better
- Keep posts at least 500+ words for best impact
- Fill out all profile information possible
- Start commenting and engaging with other authorities in your niche/market on WordPress.com
SEO Tips for WordPress.com:
- Write topics/themes for your keywords
- Add RSS feed or blogroll to sidebar with your main website links
- Include relevant authority links in your posts – .gov and .edu are best to associate with
- Try to add media to every post – images or video is great
WordPress.com is not going to provide you instant results for SEO or other online marketing success, but you can find great results over time with steady effort and content creation. Just focus on getting connected with any other individuals and WordPress.com blogs that matter in your niche and industry. Start posting with them and adding your own blog to the community. Over time you will gain recognition and see your WordPress.com efforts blooming into ranked and indexed posts. Backlinks will come to your main domain with authority and trust from Google, you can see results just keep adding posts regularly. Don’t spam or use duped content!