We’ve come a long way from the first America Online and Internet Explorer browsers, now there are tools and utility options nearing the thousands and you’ve really got to customize your browser to see maximized efficiency and effectiveness. How many of you remember using that archaic beast “Netscape”? Haha.
Mozilla and Chrome currently dominate the browser landscape with orange foxes and funny red, blue, and green balls. Either logo pretty much drives me crazy but I see the need for strong branding and their marketing approaches. Set marketing styles aside and we have two really great browsers to use for your search engine marketing and online needs.
Mozilla and Chrome are both stellar options for SEO and advanced online use
Browser Basics and Optimized Use:
- Always stay updated
- Load all anti spyware/malware tools
- Clear cookies and stored data regularly
- Do not store passwords, this is for security reasons
- Save and download your bookmarks for safekeeping
- Enable SEO plugins and researching tools
That’s just the basic steps to using your browsers at the best level. But there are many more reasons we may want to download new tools, utilities, and plugins for our browsers. Such as increasing our efficiency and time spent online. Many people waste a lot of their time and have low productivity because they are not aware of how long they are taking to perform certain tasks such as browsing, searching, research, brainstorming, etc. Keeping a steady track of your results and how much time it took to accomplish, is key to helping you understand what type of time investments you need to be making for success.
Both Mozilla and Chrome have add-ons that help eliminate certain time taking tasks and operations. Maybe setting up hotkeys to search options, keyword tools, and other needed utilities might speed up your day. Keeping plugins that tell you page rank, search competition, volume metrics, and other SEO information could speed up your consultation and SEO optimization times.
SEO’s want plugins and add-ons that improve our research and consultation abilities: page rank, search competition, backlink evaluation, search volumes, traffic estimates, and more help increase your efficiency.
- SEO for Chrome – intelligent extension solution for many needed SEO metrics
- Web Developer – help you with web admin and code specific needs
- Firebug Lite – make those fast adjustments to your design and on-page SEO for WordPress/Joomla and more!!
- Picnik – great editing tool for media updates and uploads
- Live Documents – upload tool and distribution for clients
- Firebug – edit any CSS site quickly, great add-on a must have for any website administrator
- SEO Quake – great multi-purpose SEO add-on for your Mozilla browser
- Live Page Rank – quick PR updates and add-on
These are just some of the options available on the web for either browser, but I use them currently and they work well. I will update more as I test out other plugins and add-ons in the future. Don’t worry you’ll always be up to date of the latest tips and tools from SEO Best Tips.