Copywriting – the technique of writing content for the web that meets these standards:
- Content targets specific keyword concepts and themes for search engine rankings
- Ease of reading for visitors, flow of ideas toward conclusion often the ” sale, service, or product” of your site
- Keyword targeted titles, anchor texts, meta, used commonly in writing
- Optimized for web reading – catchy titles, bullet points, lists, short paragraphs
- Generally promote and market your business to persuade the reader
One of the most important parts of building a successful SEO campaign is effective copy writing. Having the ability to produce quality content gives your SEO efforts some serious backbone. Google and Bing are focused on presenting original, unique sources for content and media online. If you are a blogger that is constantly updating your site with high quality, massive keyword rich content than you are going to see positive results.
Take the Panda algorithm updates for an example, Google has made it a focus to devalue duplicate content and link farm sites. Well, duped content isn’t a problem if your able to write a ton of SEO optimized content for your sites. Link farms, you won’t need them because your huge content bank will slowly get more and more viral throughout the web as your search engine marketing campaign goes further.
- Pick a keyword rich title to start
- Outline your ideas as they’d flow to the end
- Input content utilizing mixtures of the keywords you are targeting
- Add a list, bullets, quote, or other web “scan rich” content item
- More content the better – keep it 600 words + for articles, press releases, guest blogs, etc
- Quality content WILL age and gain page rank over time!
- Be minimal with backlinks, don’t spam but use smart anchor text
Most of the time you’ll hear about copywriters as groups of mass writing advertising agencies that develop huge campaigns. But the thing is, that is what you are trying to accomplish online. Writing a ton of content allows your website to have a wealth of text, media, and other contextual links pointing back to your domain. Helping associate quality writing and user rich web experiences with your website and business. The more you can enrich user satisfaction in Google results by adding web properties that are useful, educational, and helpful, the more you’ll see rankings and Page Rank increase for your domain.
Copywriting gives you the ability to create large networks of content distributed throughout the web that is constantly marketing and advertising for your site over time.
There are thousands of different sites where you can submit your copywriting too. From article directories to press releases, social bookmarking and web 2.0 properties, content writing is king of backlink creation.
Make sure to do some serious keyword research and competition evaluations to know which keyword terms and phrases you should be writing about. This will greatly enhance your chances of reaching first page rankings for terms that will get your conversions. In the end, you want to make sure that all your writing efforts are targeted toward search engine results that can offer a targeted audience for your products and services.